May 5, 2007

Jarvis Bay

Last weekend the outdoors club planned a snorkeling and surfing trip to Jarvis Bay. The weather wasn't the greatest but it didn't matter because we got to spend the weekend out of Canberra... always a bonus! We had accommodation in the University of Canberra field station. It had a bunch of rooms, big kitchens, and most importantly a big BBQ. And to top it off it only cost $14 a night!
Saturday morning we decided to go for a surf. We drove down to the beach and jumped into our wet suits. Now, when you see the photos try to remember that I had no choice on the wet suit. I did not have one so I had to take what I could get... HA HA


Mir, I totally pulled out the "Call on me" moves! I couldn't resist...

The beach was beautiful and the surf was awesome! It was real hard to get up because the boards were really small but the water was great...


Linz... shes a champ!

After lunch a couple of us decided to do some snorkeling...




The visibility wasn't the greatest but I did see some very cool fish, stingrays and some pretty coral. It was amazing snorkeling while the sun was setting... absolutely gorgeous.
We got out and watched the sun go down from the top of this big rock...



For supper we cooked a massive BBQ! Oh man was it good...
After supper we drove down to the beach and set off some fireworks!



And then things got a little messy...
What do you get when you mix 8 boxes of goon?

And Horse Racing? (drinking game)

A very sleepy Gooder... HAHA


It was a great weekend... lots of laughs...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, goon! Good times, good times!
Hey Cindy, you're lookin' pretty darn hot in that wetsuit! I told you it would be good times. Jeff