The next day Dionne and I decided to do some shopping before we had our hair appointments. I was on a mission to find my Mom an Opal of some sort so we went to this Opal Wholesale place I found in a random brochure. It turned out to be the coolest opal shop. It was on the 3rd floor of some building and when you get out of the elevator there is a big gate in front of you and a lady over a speaker says "Good morning. Are you here to see the opals?" After a long confused pause we said good morning and yes we would like to see the opals. Then the gate unlocks and we go through into this cool room and are seated at a desk where a lady gives us a lesson about opals and asks us what kind we are interested in. Then she brings out trays with all different kinds and we could pick out the ones we want to buy. It turned out to cost way more then I expected so I unfortunately left empty handed... sorry Mom.
After our hair appointments we headed back to the hostel for a little cat nap before another crazy night. We walked forever trying to find this stupid club called "Beware Cat" something. We asked this guy standing on the street if he knew where it was but he turned out to be from Germany... Surprise Surprise... no one in Sydney is from Australia... HAHA. Either way he rounded up his friend and we headed back to the strip to find somewhere else to go. We couldn't decide so we headed back to The World... simply because I was in love those teapots... HAHA
It was a GREAT WEEKEND but it was time to head back to the real world get back to the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment