Feb 26, 2007

Birthday Weekend

So as most of you know it was my birthday on the 25th. I have met some great people here that made it very eventful. On friday, Jarret, Dionne (two other exchange students from Saskatoon) Jay (another friendly Canadian) and I drove to Batemens Bay. Joe, my favorite Aussie, has a car and offered to drive. We went to three different beaches and spent the day doing the whole beach routine. You'll all be happy to know that this time, I did not mistaken seaweed for a shark and I stayed in the water much longer and went much deeper... HA HA HA I was proud of myself.



That night we stayed in a hostel. It was nice, cozy, and most importantly CHEAP. We had a BBQ for supper and Jarret taught Joe the art of shotgunning beer. It was hilarious.



On Saturday, we left Batemens Bay back to Canberra for the actually "birthday party." A bunch of us went to an Irish Pub called O'Malleys for food and beer. I miss our Canadian beer, its such a struggle ordering a good beer. Nothing really tastes the same. Either way I drank a little to much of it. To make a long story short, I took a spill and kissed the pavement! HA HA. Don't worry there was no serious injuries, just a couple of bumps and bruises. It was actually quite funny.... oh the shenanigans. It was a great night.

1 comment:

kris said...

I totally missed you birthday! It looks like you had an awesome time tho! Have an great time girly!
(BTW - I really like that you quoted the ABoriginal man....way to give a voice to him and his strggle!)
p.s.s - I havent heard from SW dammit!